Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) again occupied the pole position in the Moto GP Le Mans race this time. Even though he had fallen during the qualification, it did not reduce Marc’s enthusiasm. This time the condition of the circuit can be said to be less conducive because it is the same as when the practice of wet circuit conditions. This becomes a very big consideration for the driver and also his team.
The second position of the starting grid is occupied by Petruci (Mission Winnow Ducati) which is followed by Miller and Dovizioso. These three Ducati have indeed performed well at Le Mans. Petrucci said that a good strategy is to always increase the speed of each lap. So he was able to get second place and he felt very happy.
After the Ducati Trio fifth position was occupied by Valentino Rossi (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP). When FP Rossi did not show good performance, he was in qualifying 1 while his team mate Maverick Vinales was in qualification 2. That was because at the time FP Vinales had a better record of time than Rossi. But what happened to Vinales? He got 11th position in the starting grid.
Le Mans, Sunday, May 18 2019
- 93 Marc MARQUEZ SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda
- 9 Danilo PETRUCCI ITA Ducati Team Ducati
- 43 Jack MILLER AUS Pramac Racing Ducati
- 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Ducati Team Ducati
- 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha
- 21 Franco MORBIDELLI ITA Petronas Yamaha SRT Yamaha
- 30 Takaaki NAKAGAMI JPN LCR Honda IDEMITSU Honda
- 99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda
- 41 Aleix ESPARGARO SPA Aprilia Racing Team Gresini Aprilia
- 20 Fabio QUARTARARO FRA Petronas Yamaha SRT Yamaha
- 12 Maverick VIÑALES SPA Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGPYamaha
- 44 Pol ESPARGARO SPA Red Bull KTM Factory Racing KTM